CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to using all reasonable efforts to protect personal information collected through the website against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of personal information, we have employed specific measures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect online.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site, such as the IP address of the user’s computer, time of access, browser type and files, and cookie data. Our website also allows some third-party entities, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personally identifiable usage statistic.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for our compliance with legal obligations.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log files in connection with your interactions with our Services, including the type of Internet browser you use, the time and day of access, the web pages viewed within our Services, the web page you visited before navigating to our Services, and the IP address of the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or other location-aware software connected to our Services or if you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Website Interaction Information: We may record mouse clicks, movements and other interactions with our web pages to help us improve site usability.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as tracking pixels), which are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For instance, we may collect Personal Information from you via our web site from a request that you make for additional information about the Company or our Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you and that you provide for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you marketing and promotional communications: We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see “Your Choices” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you: We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third-parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To enforce our policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons, and Contractual Obligations.
- For other Business Purposes: We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by California Energy Designs and others, and provide information we think will be of interest to you;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
In response to a request for information if disclosure is required by, or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
If we believe your actions are in violation of with the spirit or language of our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of California Energy Designs or others;
In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of California Energy Designs assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another entity; and
With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Marketing Preferences & Opt-Out: You may update or correct your marketing preferences at any time by unsubscribing with the link at the bottom of any promotional email, by replying to manually opt-out of further communications, or by providing notice in writing via e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. Even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they will not be tailored to your interests. If you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- Obtaining an Electronic Copy of Our Data Collection Protocols: In order to obtain an electronic copy of our data collection protocols, please send a request in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EU-Resident Rights: While our website and Business Services are only offered Domestically and intended for those United States, if you are a citizen of the European Union and you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed or retained, you have the right to complain to your local data supervisory authority. You can find their contact details in your language of choice on this website: http://ec.europa.eu/
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, and other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature.
The parties acknowledge that they have read the terms and conditions of this Agreement and hereby agree to be bound thereby. This Agreement will become effective upon Customer’s acceptance by electronic acknowledgment on californiaenergydesigns.com.